Bournemouth University are subscribing members of the UK Research Office – UKRO is the European office of the UK Research Councils. It delivers a subscription-based advisory service for research organisations (in the main UK HEIs) and provides National Contact Point services on behalf of the UK Government. UKRO’s mission is to maximise UK engagement in EU-funded research, innovation and higher education activities.
With current events, it is important to keep up to date and UKRO are continuing to provide up to date information on all aspects of the UK’s access to EU funding. As a member of BU staff, you can received alerts, by signing up on the UKRO website. The following topics are highlights from recent alert emails received by BU’s RKE Office:
- Information Day on 2017 Smart Cities and Communities Calls
- Report of Select Committee Session on ‘Leaving the EU: Implications and opportunities for science and research’ (please register on the UKRO site to view this article and access the inquiry itself, to comment)
- Information Day on the Horizon 2020 ‘Smart, Green and Integrated Transport’ Societal Challenge
- Information Day on 2017 Climate Calls
- Update on the 2017 Secure Societies Work Programme Part (please register on the UKRO site to view this article)
- Horizon 2020 Information Day on Public-Private Partnerships
- Post-Referendum Round-up (please register on the UKRO site to view this and other related articles)
- Science Europe Report on Research Integrity Practices (please register on the UKRO site to view this article)
- ERC Proof of Concept Grants 2016 First Cut-off Results (please register on the UKRO site to view this and related call outcome articles – this will be useful if you are thinking of applying for the next round of such calls)
- EC and EIF Launch Cultural and Creative Sectors Guarantee Facility (please register on the UKRO site to view this article)
In addition, the UKRO 2016 Conference took place 30/6/16 – 01/07/16. Please see the separate blog post outlining the timely presentations given at this event.
These are just a few of the articles and notifications received in recent days. To benefit fully from BU’s membership, register for your alerts today!
If you would like to discuss potential EU funding activity, please contact Emily Cieciura, RKEO’s Research Facilitator: EU & International. To see related articles, just search for ‘UKRO’ on the BU Research Blog.